Sunday, August 21, 2011

Freedom

Whenever I'm feeling blue
I can't help but
think of you
and how you're doing

I hope everything that was good for me
is even better for you.

I'm sorry I write to you now,
but please, don't withdraw

I hate to do this,
compromise my freedom

But I've never wanted anything but
what I've never had for you.

It isn't like you to go on and break my heart
Again.
But I can't go on without asking,

Will you set me free?

Can I finally take flight
break these shackles
and go?

I'm not afraid to say how I feel,
even though we've both moved on
I've got a good man,
and I'm sure you're doing fine.
I'm sure you're doing fine.

But that possibility that someone like you, who deserves so much happiness, is unhappy keeps me awake at night. Waking up in the moonlight, cold sweats, and dilated eyes, I'm thinking about you. Sleep in my eyes, and hurt in my heart I want to make you happier than they can. I can't, because although my eyes light up like the stars, and my smile as bright as the moon, I'll always be just another lonely night for you.

Enough lonesome, set me free.

Tell me I'm just like them, and tell me I'm not what you want. Tell me you chose her over me and tell me she's the most wonderful thing you've ever had and her hair smells like your paradise and her hands are like mine but softer;

because God knows these hands are rough.

Just tell me please, tell me I'm free to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment